"Cipressi" for String Quartet

From Cypresses, B. 152 (1887)
Dal ciclo di lieder omonimo.
No. 2 Death Reigns in Many A Human Breast
No. 3 When Thy Sweet Glances on Me Fall
No. 11 Nature lies peaceful in slumber and dreaming
No. 71 Wander Oft Past Yonder House
No. 12 You Ask Why My Songs

Cypriše (Cypresses)B.11 by Gustava-Moravského
Voice, pianoforte
Year Written: 1865

Brani:
1)Vy vroucí písne spejte (Sing fervent songs at nightfall)
Moderato
2)V té sladké moci ocí tvých (When thy sweet glances on me fall)
Andante con moto
3)V tak mnohém srdci mrtvo jest (Death reigns in many a human)
Allegretto
4)Ó, duše drahá, jedinká (Thou only, Dear One, But for Thee)
Moderato
5)Ó, byl to krásný zlatý sen (Oh what a perfect golden dream)
Andante
6)Já vím, ze v sladké nadeji (I know that my love to Thee)
Allegretto
7)Ó, zlatá ruze spanilá (You are my glorious Rose)
Andantino
8)Ó, naší lásce nekvete to vytouzzené štestí (Never will love lead us to that glad goal)
Con anima (Velmi bolestne)
9)Kol domu se ted potácím (I wander oft past yonder house)
Moderato
10)Mne casto týrá pochyba (Tormented oft by doubt am I)
Moderato
11)Mé srdce casto v bolesti se teskne zazumá (My heart, often in pain, is plunged in sadness)
Andantino
12)Zde hledím na tvuj drahý list (The old letter in my book)
Allegro
13)Na horách ticho, vúdolí ticho (Ev'rything's still in valley and mountain)
Allegro
14)Zde v lese u potoka já stojím sám a sám (In deepest forest glade I stand)
Andante
15)Mou selou duší zádumne bolestné dchnutí táchne (Painful emotions pierce my soul)
Allegro
16)Tam stojí stará skála (There stands an ancient crag)
Andante maestoso
17)Nad krajem vévodí lehký spánek (Nature lied peaceful in slumber and dreaming)
Allegretto
18)Ty se ptáš, proc moje zpevy bourí zvukem zoufalým (You ask why my songs)
Allegro animato

Da bambino


Giovane



Il contralto Anna Cermakova, moglie di Dvorak



I genitori


Nella bara

I funerali


La tomba


Per vedere tante altre foto
clicca quì
( il sito è il lingua ceca
ma abbastanza intuitivo).